Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Willow Smith: I Won't Do Anything Without Mom's Permission

Willow Smith may have become a household name overnight with the success of her catchy tune, "Whip My Hair," but that doesn't mean the charismatic performer is above the rules.

"I can't do whatever I want," Smith, 10, a self-proclaimed fan of Billy Idol and Lady Gaga, says in the December issue of W. "Mommy has to say it's okay."

But Smith doesn't complain about having to follow guidelines set by her famous parents, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. Instead, she credits mom and dad for her rise to fame.

"Mommy and Daddy inspired me to be a performer," she says. "I get my flow from Daddy, my singing ability from mommy, and the camera stuff from both."

Given those inherited skills from her parents – and a brother Jaden, who is now an actor – Smith believes it's only natural that she'd follow in their footsteps, saying, "That's just what happens when you hang with the Smiths!"


Watch her Whip my hair video from the young star...



#WishWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment