Friday, December 31, 2010

Chris Brown Apologizes After Twitter Fight



Chris Brown has apologized after making headlines for a Twitter war on Wednesday, which saw the singer and Raz-B, a former B2K vocalist, exchanging insults after the latter man lashed out at Brown on the social networking site over what happened with Rihanna.

“Yesterday was an unfortunate lack in judgment sparked by public Twitter attacks from Raz B, who was bent on getting attention. Words cannot begin to express how sorry and frustrated I am over what transpired publicly on Twitter,” Brown said in a statement released by his rep to Access Hollywood on Thursday.

The Twitter war erupted early Wednesday morning when De’Mario Monte Thornton, known as

Raz-B, Tweeted, “Im just sittin here Thinking how can n***** like @ebenet [Eric Benet] and @chrisbrown disrespect women as Intelligent as Halle Berry, Rihanna.”

About two hours later, Brown responded to the singer, claiming Raz-B just wanted attention, before adding a profanity-laced Tweet, which suggested Raz-B is gay.

For several hours, both men Tweeted back and forth, accusing each other of being gay. Brown also took aim at Raz-B’s claims he was molested by people he worked with, suggesting the singer spoke about molestation when his career started to slide.

“I luv how u resort 2 disrespectful low brow tactics when u clearly sabotaged ur own career by beating women!” Raz-B responded.

“when I need tips on how to demolish my career I’ll call ya!!!!!” Brown later Tweeted back.

The Twitter battle continued throughout Wednesday afternoon, with Raz-B, who posted the most Tweets, laying into Brown’s emotional 2010 BET Awards Michael Jackson tribute performance.

“Oh yea, your Michael Jackson tribute was cool, until you made it about yourself!!!!! What a Disgrace!!!! God bless you too!” he Tweeted.

The two eventually cooled off and Brown defended himself before moving on to other Tweet material.

“LOVE ALL MY SUPPORTERS and people who know my heart.HOMOPHOBE?c’mon,find a better tactic.thats pure ignorance and stupidity. i love everyone,” he wrote.
Brown apologized for touching on the molestation subject in a statement to Access Hollywood on Thursday.

“Molestation and victims of such acts are not to be taken lightly; and for my comments I apologize — from the bottom of my heart. I love all of my fans, gay and straight. I have friends from all walks of life and I am committed, with God’s help, to continue becoming a better person,” his statement concluded.



#WishWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment